Thursday, August 21, 2008

Random Thoughts

So things seem to be going well at school for both kids. I'm always driving it seems and putting gas in the car. Chickasaw is far far away, but when I pick up Elyse and she's had a good day its all cool. She's made a good friend and is doing well academically so far. Zane says school is boring, but he's always said that and he doesn't talk about his class in a bad way. They are still reviewing and I think that's why he's bored. Seems crazy that all I write about is my kids. I suppose I need to get a life. I did vacuum the car and the house so far today. That's exciting, right?
Kitty is missing. I'm afraid its for good this time. I think I see and hear her all the time, but she's just disappeared. Its hard because she was sort of our trial run for having children and she was with us for so long. I'm still in denial though, and I won't put her food bowl away. Cats can be gone for a while and still return???... She's a sharp one.
Carpool at school is still insane. What's with the middle lane never moving? Why can't we use the extra lane on the other side of the railing? Why is it so freaking hot out?
I am so thankful though that I get to stay at home and help / be with my kids. I'm grateful that Charlie has a job that he's happy with. I'v got a super family, some good friends, and decent schools for my kids to attend. Just don't want everyone to think all I do is complain. I have the life everyone should wish for and I appreciate it.

5 comments:

annie said...

Complain away. We all understand. Knowing that you love your kids, husband, and life is understood. I think they should make that other lane a toll lane. I would pay it. We could pay a toll for the year and not have to wait in the other carpool lanes. Hopefully it will all even out soon.

Lynne said...

Hi, Maureen - I'm glad you started a blog. I can't believe that Elyse is in Middle School. I agree with Annie about the toll carpool lane. Or maybe they could make it like the carpool lane on the interstate and only let you drive in it if you are picking up more than one student. All of y'all PTA moms should get together and work on that.
Anyway, I'm glad to see that your family is doing well. I'm going to link to your blog, OK?

Kara and Theo said...

When Theo and I first got married and moved to Fairhope my black and white cat went missing for 6 months and then just one day showed up! Cats can be weird like that. If you cat doesn't come back I will gladly send you mine! HAHAHA =)

Elyse said...

mama I love you very much ps. aunt kara is funny and you spelled I've wrong you spelled it like I'v (aunt kara said if you cat dosent come back.

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear about your cat.
I so agree about carpool and I too would be willing to pay a toll. The middle lane NEVER moves fast. Although, subbing has been great for me because NO CARPOOL--Just grab your children and go without looking back!